Sunday 21 June 2015

Paths in the woods, music and sport

This post by Elaine Fine, a musician, chimes with me as a listener and as a fellow-walker. She relates this experience

I love to hike in the woods. I love following trails because they help me make sense of the immediate world at hand. I have to trust that a well-worn trail will lead me safely to wonderful places in the woods, and I have to trust that a good trail will lead me safely out of the woods. Sometimes there are choices to be made when trails intersect, and I have to go with the experience that the trail I pick gives me on that particular day, and on that particular walk. If I take the same trail through the woods on different days, the trail will be different because of the nature of the living things that live by the trail.

to concert-going predominantly but also to other activities.

No comments: