Monday 21 August 2017

Janice Dudley

The general public has difficulty getting its head round the fact that political opponents can get along and even be friends. Janice Dudley was one of those people I was happy to cooperate with at a community council level and even occasionally on the county borough council, even though I could not subscribe to Plaid Cymru's ideology. We might even have been friends but a frostiness developed after I stood in Bryncoch South in this year's local elections, although I was never after her place on the council which was clearly impregnable, but the second place previously held by a Labour man.

Her sudden death which came in what should have been the year crowning her political career is a tragedy. My heart goes out to her family and her many friends and colleagues.


No comments: